Friday, June 23, 2017

UPDATE: Where was the first hand-wired Apple 1 designed / built?

I heard from John Gott today - John was able to dig up a letter from Steve Wozniak from 1973.  So, here's a bit more clarification from Woz, as John Gott's letter from Woz, shows the address as Apt. #16D  (not yet #16K).

And now we know *why* Woz moved.  :)

Villa Serra Apartments
20800 Homestead Rd
Cupertino, CA 95014
#16D

(408) 255-6666

Per Woz:

I lived in 2 apartments in that complex.

The first one was on the ground floor and the 2nd was in a different building on an upstairs floor.

I created my “Crazy Polak” business cards while living in the first apartment, downstairs.

Most of the Apple design stuff took place there but some took place after I moved.

One reason for moving was that a loose pet mouse, which I thought was a male, turned out to be female and I wound up with a dozen mice and a horrible allergy with asthma and I was told that moving was my only hope.

The building I moved to may have had my apartment as some other number - K. Or maybe I stayed in the same building after all. Hard to remember. But the Apple work was split between the 2 apartments, and I think most of it was done in 16D now.

ʞɐıuzoʍ ǝʌǝʇs 

No comments:

Post a Comment