Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2513 Character Generator

This description of the 2513 Character Generator is from Don Lancaster's TV Typewriter Cookbook. The description explains clearly how this thing works. Compared to the datasheet, I thought this was easier to understand, so figured I'd share it with the community.

I've been spending a bit more time on the video section of my Apple 1 clone, trying to locate the source of the problem (I have a signal, but no video). I re-soldered most of the points on the back of the board thinking maybe I had either a solder bridge or just a bad connection. I pulled and reinstalled the chips. Still no video. I tried removing and reinstalling all RAM chips, still no video. I tried swapping out a few of the chips, still no video. I checked all of the 1404 voltages, and everything looked fine. I'm going to have to spend a little more time with the scope, the schematics and the datasheets to figure out what's wrong here....

No comments:

Post a Comment