Saturday, September 12, 2009

So today I finally took the plunge and started soldering IC sockets, diodes and axial capacitors onto my Apple 1 clone. I guess it took about 3.5 - 4 hours total. I took my time in effort not to screw up. I taped each IC socket to the front of the board with masking tape, one at a time, as I soldered them so that they were nice and flat against the circuit board. After soldering all of the IC sockets, I soldered the IN914 diodes, then the 22uF axial capacitors. Then I did the large cap, and then the (2) 2400 uF caps.
Note the 11000uF 25v capacitor to replace the impossible to find 5300uF cap. ( Tip from a former Apple Engineer )

No comments:

Post a Comment